Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Yuki ga furimasu.

Yeeeey!! Finally!! Snow!!!

I was awaken by the urge to peek into my bedroom window to check if the sun has already set ('twas already 9am). But what I saw brought life into my sleepy soul (I went home around 12mn from the laboratory previous night and was only able to sleep around 3:30am). Normally I would feel a headache whenever I attempted to get up from bed only to be pulled back again by the desire of getting that much needed sleep.

But this is different. I immediately stand up, throwing the covers aside, and rushed towards my camera. I need to get a snapshot before it all goes away. SNOW! SNOW! SNOOOWWWWW!!!

It's an exhilarating experience, especially for one who grew up in a tropical country where the dream of every child is to play uninhibited under the falling snow.

Honjo experienced it's last heavy snow fall in the early parts of 2005. And since then, we haven't had one. Holding my camera, I started to take shots, even though the snow fall is not that heavy nor forms on the ground. But still, I took shots while hoping that the snow fall won't stop, that it would run for hours. That it would give me a chance to see snow on the ground forming.

Three hours had passed and it is still snowing outside. Yippeee!!!

No comments: